Odyssey Resorts is seeking an Assistant Controller to support the Controller in the daily operations of our growing business.
The primary functions of this role include:
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, and accounting support staff.
- Review bi-weekly payroll.
- Ensures financial records are accurately and timely recorded.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting of assigned properties and associations.
- Participate in the budget preparation process.
- Coordinate and assist with year-end procedures and reconciliations.
- Reviews accuracies of ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports for assigned resorts.
- Design reports and present in-depth analysis for acquisitions/divisions, ROI, etc.
- Assists with implementation and design of new accounting processes.
- Assists with external and internal audits.
- Travel to resorts and other locations to participate in various financial meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field, general working knowledge of accounting principles; minimum of five years’ related experience and/or training, including experience with small business accounting, budgeting and financial analysis; minimum of two years of supervisory experience; or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience; and must have strong supervisory and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) is highly preferred.
Work here. Play here.
Join the team at Odyssey Resorts! In addition to delivering exceptional service, we have a ton of fun here.
We have programs unique to Odyssey Resorts that will help to make your career with us a lasting one. Here are just a few:
- Dedicated, purposeful leadership that embraces the Hospitality from the HEART and Odyssey Values culture.
- Generous employee referral program (receive up to $1,200 for each friend that you refer and joins our team!).*
- Top-of-the-line employee assistance program. We know that life happens.
- Odyssey Leadership Development Programs
- Employee newsletter. We are one big family and we care about what’s going on.
- Management retreats.
- Awesome benefits such as health insurance, vacation time, resort discounts, 401K, and more (for eligible employees).
- Regular interactive performance reviews. We know that feedback matters.
- Unbelievably beautiful area. Who wouldn’t want to live here? www.donorthshore.com
*For eligible employees.
Guided by our Values and the HEART philosophy: We will, each day, brighten the lives of our Guests and enrich the lives of our Employees.
Odyssey Resorts is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law, including, but not limited to, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.