Splashing Rock Restaurant at Grand Superior Lodge is seeking an experienced restaurant manager for the position of Front-of-House Manager.
FUN is one of our core values. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has a passion for fun, food, and leadership.
The Splashing Rock Restaurant offers an exceptional menu in a casually elegant North Woods décor, right on the water’s edge. Splashing Rock Restaurant, located in the Main Lodge, is open year-round to serve all diners (resort and non-resort guests). The superior view can be enjoyed in the restaurant and the lounge, inside or on our outdoor deck that overlooks the shore.
This position is responsible for all aspects of managing the front-of-house staff while building a highly professional, efficient and motivated service team.
- Work as a management team with the General Manager and Executive Chef to assure the best possible overall guest experience.
- Works with the Event Manager to staff and execute events.
- Coordinates the purchase of all beverage and operating supplies.
- Maintains approved labor costs and achieves budget targeted results.
- Previous successful management experience in food & beverage
- Previous experience hiring, coaching, training, and supervising a team
- Understanding and working knowledge of operating budgets
- Energetic and upbeat attitude with a service-oriented mentality
Excellent compensation package offered, including a $1,000 sign-on bonus*! Plus, we offer health, dental, life insurance, 401K, vacation time, and generous resort discounts!
*Special terms and conditions apply to the sign-on bonus.
Work here. Play here.
We have programs unique to Odyssey Resorts that will help to make your career with us a lasting one.
Here are just a few:
- Dedicated, purposeful leadership that embraces the Hospitality from the HEART and Odyssey Values culture.
- Generous employee referral program (eligible employees receive up to $1,200 for each friend referred and who joins our team!).
- Top-of-the-line employee assistance program. We know that life happens.
- Odyssey Leadership Development Programs
- Employee newsletter. We are one big family and we care about what’s going on.
- Management retreats
- Awesome benefits such as health insurance, vacation time, resort discounts, 401K, and more (for eligible employees).
- Regular interactive performance reviews. We know that feedback matters.
- Unbelievably beautiful area. Who wouldn’t want to live here? donorthshore.com
Guided by our Values and the HEART philosophy: We will, each day, brighten the lives of our Guests and enrich the lives of our Employees.
About Grand Superior Lodge
Designed with romance in mind, the authentic log constructed lodge, cabins and lake homes sit on 1500 feet of Lake Superior shoreline. This resort hosts many group activities including a steady schedule for weddings and banquets. Located in the lodge with water’s edge seating, Splashing Rock Restaurant offers casual fine dining and is responsible for banquet and catering services.
Odyssey Development is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law, including, but not limited to, medical condition, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or pregnancy.